Saturday, April 23, 2016

Simple Rhinestones & Nail Art



I recently came across some really cheap nail art rhinestones so I thought I'd give them a try.
This turned out to be surprisingly easy and didn't require much technical expertise at all.  



I don't have much in terms of nail art tools and found that for a simple design you really don't need anything other than your fingers.  I had a pair of tweezers but didn't feel they were necessary. 

I purchased the rhinestones online at AliExpress.  I don't actually recommend this web site as there is a very long delivery time (weeks to months) and there have been some very shady sellers that I've already crossed paths with.

Necessary materials:
- Rhinestones
- Top coat
Optional materials:
- Colored nail polish
- Base coat

I've also seen rhinestones available for purchase at my local Daiso (Japanese $1.50 store) or Dollar Tree.  This gorgeous Maybelline NY Color Show polish in the color Alluring Rose was found at my local Dollar Tree.  Goes to show that at home manicures don't need to be expensive! 

Directions:
Apply as many coats of the colored nail polish as you desire (or just a clear coat if you don't want color).  Immediately after painting the last coat, carefully place the rhinestone.  I simply placed the rhinestone right side up, then used my finger pad to pick it up and place it on my nail.  You have a few seconds to adjust the rhinestone to your liking.  Then apply 2 thick layers of top coat over the rhinestones. 

Note: I initially tried with just 1 layer of top coat but found that they quickly fell off with my daily activities.  Two layers of top coat have kept my rhinestones on through days of normal use.

No comments:

Post a Comment